Bistek Tagalog Sa Tomato, Filipino Recipes
Bistek Tagalog – Filipino Steak version with tomato marinade
The Filipino “Bistek Tagalog” is prepared with thin slices beef stirlon and cooked in soy sauce, calamansi juce, garlic, onions, tomato, salt and ground pepper.
The Filipino cuisine is infuend by Spain and in Spain this kind of steak is called Bistec.
The Bistec Tagalog sa tomato is our recipe version of Bistek Tagalog with tomato marinade.
- 2 pound beef stirlon - thinly sliced
- juice from 2 calamansi or 1 lemon
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 big onion - half chopped half sliced in rings
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tomato
- Cooking oil
- Marinade beef with garlic, ground black pepper, salt, chopped onion, chopped tomato, juice of 2 calamansi (lemon) and ¼ cup soy sauce for at least 1 hour.
- Add a cup of water and cook for 20 minutes with marinade.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Fry onion rings until becomes soft and set onions aside.
- In the same pan sear the marinated beef without marinade until brown.
- Add the remaining marinade to the beef. Cook for more 5 minutes.
- Add the stir-fried onion rings.
- Servo hot with rice.
Be inspired and have fun watching our recipe videos. On our YouTube channel you will find also other Filipino recipes like
Kare-Kare or the pinapple chicken recipe Pininyahang Manok and different international food and cooking recipes all over the world.