Homemade Swabian Liver Spaetzle, Traditional German Food
Homemade Swabian Liver Spaetzle
The Swabian liver spaetzle “Schwäbische Leberspätzle” is one of the traditional german foods from swabian region in Germany.
In the German region of Swabia the “Liver Spätzle” are well known as side dish or also used in soups.
- 150 g pork liver
- 2 eggs
- 350 g flour
- 50 g butter
- 2-3 tsp breadcrumbs
- Mincing the pork liver with a meat grinder, or chop very finely.
- Mix flour, egg,chopped parsley and lever to a smooth dough. Season dough with salt
- From a damp kitchen board scrape with a knife small strips off dough and put in boiling and salted water.
- As soon as the Spätzle rise to the surface they are cooked and can be taken with a skimmer out.
- Brown bread crumbs in butter and spread over the Spätzle and sprinkle with a little pepper.
- Serve hot. Guten Appetit! (German) - En Guada! (Swabian dialect) - Enjoy your meal!
This swabian recipe you can watch as recipe video. Be inspired and have fun watching our recipe videos. The easy preparation and the quantity of needed ingredients are shown very vividly.
On our YouTube channel you will find also other German recipes like a cabbage roll recipes and different international food and cooking recipes.