Mung Beans,Guisadong Mungo,Mongo Guisado,Filipino Bean Soup
Guisadong Mungo / Mongo Guisado, Filipino Recipes with Mung Beans
Mung beans (green beans) is a seed of Vigna radiata and used as ingredient in different filipino main dishes and desserts. This is a Filipino recipe for a soup. Probably almost every Filipino knows this Filipino home cooking dish.
- 500g raw mung beans
- 300g pork cut from the neck into small strips
- 200g prawns
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- 2-3 cups of water
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth
- Olive oil or another vegetable oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Cook the mungo beans in a pot of boiling water for about 40 minutes until soft, then set the beans aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in a pan with hot oil for about 5 minutes until they are soft
- Add the pork and season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato and the shrimp and cook again for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low to medium h unterrüheat and add the chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Precooked beans in soup and cook for further 5 minutes and possibly add more water or chicken broth if the soup is too thick.
- At the end add the spinach leaves still cook briefly and serve the soup hot.
Be inspired and have fun watching our filipino recipe videos. The easy preparation and the quantity of needed ingredients are shown very vividly. On our YouTube channel you will find also other filipino recipes and dishes. Most from them from Pampanga / Philippines and popular filipino foods like: Adobo, Kare-Kare, Pinaupong Manok, Pininyahang Manok…