Pinaupong Manok … Sitting Chicken … Pinoy dish recipe
This recipe for chicken called Pinaupong Manok, because the chicken is sitting on a bed of rock salt.
No liquid need to be added: The chicken cooks only in the steam of the water content of
his own and from the water content of the salt, this is the reason the chicken becomes
from the rock salt a special natural taste.
Originally this video was not meant as a guide for cooking a recipe.
The parents were only proud of her little girl which is so committed to help cooking and make many thing like her own.
And they only wanted to show the relatives and friends from Pampanga and from anywhere in the world, that they still love the traditional dishes from the Philippines and maintain this with her children, even though they are not growing up in the Philippines.
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon pimento (peppercorns)
- 1 pound rock salt
- 3 -4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Peel garlic and cut some part thereof in thin sticks.
- Peel ginger and cut some part thereof in thin sticks.
- Peel onions and cut in half.
- Wash the chicken under running water and pat dry.
- Rubbing the skin of the chicken with some salt.
- Stuff chicken with minced garlic and ginger, onions, pimento and bay leaves.
- Pierce the chicken and larding with garlic and ginger sticks at so many points as you like.
- Pour enough salt in a clay pot, so that you can sit or lie on the chicken. The chicken should not touch the pot.
- Cover the clay pot and put in a non preheated oven. Start roast the chicken at 200 ° C for 60 to 75 minutes.
- Chop 2 cloves garlic and some ginger and put it in a bowl add vegetable oil and stirr.
- Brush the chicken after roasting with some of the dip sauce.
- Serve the Pinaupong Manok with the dip sauce and some soy sauce with lemon for dip the chicken into.
On our YouTube channel you will find also other Filipino recipes and different international food and cooking recipes in German and English version.