Pininyahang Manok – Filipino Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Pininyahang Manok is truly a mouth-watering Filipino dish.
This pineapple chicken recipe is commonly served by Filipinos.
For this Filipino recipe the chicken pieces marinated in pineapple juice and cooked with pineapple chunks.
The coconut milk gives the dish a very savory taste and make the sauce creamy.
The easy preparation and the quantity of needed ingredients are shown very vividly in this recipe video.
You might be interested also for the Pinaupong Manok recipe. This traditional Filipino recipe is also a very special chicken recipe.
This roast chicken sits on salt and got after cooking a very tasty result unlike any flavor you tasted before but not salty.
- chicken, cut into pieces
- can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- red bell pepper
- ½ cup coconut milk
- fish sauce or salt and peper
- Separate pineapple from chunks.
- Marinate chicken pieces in pineapple juice for 5 minutes or longer.
- Place chicken with marinade in pot on medium heat. Wait for the liquid to evaporate a bit so that juice seeps in. Set aside.
- Cook chicken with marinade on medium heat. Wait for the liquid to evaporate so that juice seeps in.
- Saute garlic and onion in oil then add the chicken pieces, potatoes and carrots.
- After a few minutes, add the pineapple chunks and coconut milk. Wait for a few minutes before putting in the bell pepper.
- Simmer until the sauce is creamy. Season with salt or fish sauce and pepper. Serve with rice.
Be inspired and have fun watching our recipe videos. On our YouTube channel you will find also other Filipino recipes like
Kare-Kare or Bistek Tagalog and different international food and cooking recipes all over the world.