Neapolitan Panini recipe – Antipasti sandwich recipes from Italy
This Sandwich recipe is an Antipasto recipe and called “Panini alla Mozzarella en Carozza”.
Panini is Italian Food, and there are a lot of sandwich recipes available. This is a panini recipe in the Neapolitan version.
Slices of white bread with mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes and basil. The sandwich will be rolled in flour, milk and egg and fried in olive oil. The Panini taste best directly after baking when the cheese is still melted and the white bread is crispy.
This is an easy recipe and is one of our best vegetarian recipes.
In this video, we show the preparation of this delicious antipasti panini recipe. Be inspired and have fun watching our recipe videos. The easy preparation and the quantity of needed ingredients are shown very vividly. On our YouTube channel you will find also other dessert recipes and different international food and cooking recipes in German and English version.
Sandwich Recipes, Panini alla Mozzarella en Carozza
- White bread possibly also from the previous day or days 🙂
- sun dried tomatoes
- basil leaves
- black pepper
- ollive oil
- Remove off the edges of the sandwich slices and cut them into triangles.
- Cut the mozzarella into slices.
- Cut the dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- Place on bread a slice of mozzarella, a few dried tomatoes and a basil leaf.
- Finally, sprinkle some salt and pepper over it and cover with a blank slice of bread.
- Sprinkle some flour over the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle some flour over the sandwiches and put them in a flat casserole.
- Stir the eggs and milk with salt and pepper.
- Pour Over the sandwich slices with the milk-egg mass and turn the sandwiches until the milk-egg mixture is absorbed.
- Fry the sandwiches on both sides in hot olive oil until golden brown and until the mozzarella melts.
- Decorate with Basil leaves and with tomatoes.