Spanish Garlic Soup: Sopa de ajo castellano
Spanish Garlic Soup Recipe: Sopa de ajo castellano
This Spanish garlic soup recipe “Sopa de ajo castellano con huevo” was served to us for the first time in the Spanish restaurant Don Quijote in Frankenthal/Germany.
- ¼ liter of water
- ½ liter of chicken fund
- Noble sweet paprika
- Pepper, salt
- olive oil
- White bread (best from the day before)
- 1 egg
- Put 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a hot pot and fry the sliced garlic until the garlic slices are colored golden.
- Now add a teaspoon of paprika and add a little water and ⅛ liter chicken fund.
- Bring the soup with the remaining fund to cook again. After a short cooking time of 10 minutes taste the soup with salt and pepper.
- Put the dry sliced white bread in the soup and mash the bread into the soup.
- Slide the egg just before the end of cooking in the middle of the soup, without breaking the yolk, and let it cook a few minutes in the almost boiling soup.
- Serve hot...
The Sopa de ajo castellano con huevo is traditional castellano food and a typical soup recipe in Spanish Cuisine.
Be inspired and have fun watching our spain recipe videos. The easy preparation and the quantity of needed ingredients are shown very vividly. On our YouTube channel you will find also other spanish tapas recipes and different international food and cooking recipes.